Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Pure Being

I strongly recommend every human being to try this:
Psilocybe Mexicana (Philosopher Stones)

But do it right. Inform yourself before you try. It can have very different effects, changes from person to person, mind to mind, mood to mood. My experience had little to do with the description in the above link for example. I took the time to psychologically prepare myself for an awesome experience without any problems. I anticipated an amazing experience and that was what I received, and it was actually much better than I anticipated.

I ate 10 grams and.... well it was truly fascinating. I guess it's safe to say that it changed my life a bit: I learned a lot about perception, consciousness and meaning. I plan to write down my experience in detail. What I experienced was very striking, beautiful and real but also very slippery and really hard to keep in mind, let alone catch with words. I'll just say for now that I used to assume that the thing called Nirvana was just a stuff of Buddhist fairy tales, now I believe I intensely tasted it. :) And I mean literally Nirvana, not just "being high" or anything like that.

Philo stones are currently the only legal types of mushroom-like things in Netherlands. This was my first experience with things like these, and it seems that I'll be a strong defender of legalizing, at least under controlled conditions, all herbs, mushrooms etc. (I realized that I had a lot of misconceptions about this stuff.) I don't know what other riches of nature the authorities forbid people to experience, but after what I have been through 2 days ago in Utrecht, I must conclude that it's a terribly ignorant and self-defeating thing to ban these things (the psilocybe mexicanas at least). I can't imagine anyone who ever lived what I lived being afraid of them.

That's all I have time for right now. And I still couldn't read The Doors of Perception although I took the book with me. I'll have to do that soon. Other than that, now I can understand what Terence McKenna is talking about in this video:



This is important stuff. Believe me. I'll try to explain it later much more in detail. The potential is mind-blowing.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]
blog comments powered by Disqus