Thursday, February 12, 2009

Miracle Fruits

About a year ago, after doing some research I became pretty interested in the raw food diet. Since then I significantly changed the way I eat. I consume much more fruits and vegetables and much less cooked, processed food. Before that I had never even questioned why we have this habit of cooking food. Anyway, after those revelations I began exploring the realm of natural nutrition. I tasted things I had never tried before and I found things that I had never heard of before. Having realized that for all these years I've been so unaware of all the wonderful things nature has in store, I was once again surprised by how much there is to discover in this life.

Recently I was thinking that I was more or less through with exploring new fruits. There are some -like the legendary durian- that I still couldn't get hold of but at least I have an idea about what they're like. Now to my point... I was fooling around on YouTube last week and came across this video: Brink - Miracle Fruit

But this one is better actually, I also watched this one just now:



So being the curious person I am, I had to know what that experience feels like of course. So I went online, ordered the thing and ate lots of it. Now I'm going to tell you how I lost both of my kidneys because of that damn fruit..! Don't read the rest of this text if you can't handle graphical descriptions!

Well, no, just kidding. I thought that might be funny for a quarter of a second until you read this sentence. Anyway...umm... Yes. What happened was I ordered some Miracle Fruit tablets the day I came across that video. From this website: Sour2Sweet.com

I bought 20 big tablets for 20,95 € (+€ 1.95 for shipping). Two days ago I tried it.

I didn't try it with beer or wine, but I ate lots of weird things. I remained very skeptical until the moment the lemon touched my tongue, because I wasn't feeling any difference in my mouth. But after that, being positively surprised and uncontrollably smiling, I quickly ate a combination of lemon, lime, kiwi, orange, tomato, cheese, green beans, pastırma, onion, spinach, carrot and strawberry, apple and some more stuff.

I had prepared my plate earlier by the way. Here's also a photo:
Long story short, you won't regret it if you try it. It's an unusual experience. The onion wasn't very pleasant though, I could take only one bite. Similar with the pastırma. Other than that the effect seemed to go away dependent on how much I ate I guess, I don't think it was time-dependent.

And I actually recorded the process on a video camera, but I won't upload it, it's too dark. Plus I don't speak English in it.

The message of this blog post is that there is still so much to discover. There are infinite surprises in life, just waiting to be found. So don't be arrogant, don't be lazy, just go and look for new things. There's always more to learn.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments:

Post a Comment